Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Illuminated switch to show that cloakroom light and fan is still on

In article ,
Phil Addison wrote:
That only applies to (some) retro-fits and, even then, routing in a
neutral is not impossible. Why isn't such an indicator light-switch
available for new builds where the electrician would know in advance
that a neutral is required? Is it so unusual to have the switch on the
outside of the understairs loo?

Easy enough to make one using grid switch components. Plus the fact it
would have to be a posh new build to think of something so obvious and use
a mm more of wire than they can get away with. ;-)

In my own house I ran the switch feed in triple and earth in most rooms.
Handy if you decide you want floor outlet lamps switched from the same
place.

--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.