Andrew Mawson

Default Lath and plaster ceiling

"Peter" wrote in message
Thanks everyone, that's generally reassuring
"Peter" wrote in message
While in the loft I lifted some of the insulation to find that virtually

all
the 'key' bits of plaster that squish through the lath were detached and
just littering the surface. However the ceilings seem to be staying put.

can't think what's holding them up! Do I have a serious problem please?

The
house is 1930's.
Thanks
Peter

Peter,

As a temporary expedient some years ago I propped up a lath and plaster
ceiling with acrow props and 8 x 4 chipboard, and poured neat sloppy plaster
under the upstairs floor boards to hold it all together. When I came to pull
it all down a few months later it was VERY well bonded !

Andrew