Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

Default Best Pencil Brands/Sources

"Bill" wrote in message

"notbob" wrote in message
On 2009-09-07, Bill wrote:

from pushing down too hard. The Dixon Ticonderoga pencils write nicely
smooth.

Yeah. The lead is specially formulated to be smoother writing.

To tell ya the truth, when I found out they still made 'em, I was
amazed. I just like the look and feel of 'em. That lush yellow
lacquer, that brutally green metallic, the cedar scent when you just
sharpen 'em. Just smelling one brings back a flood of childhood
memeories. It's a sensual pencil!

nb

I like to write with pencils more than anyone I know, but you are in a
different league
than I am. When my girlfriend found out that I liked Ticonderoga pencils,
she sent me a gross of them. Now we're married and I get at least a
half-gross
of them for Christmas every year. So I've basically got a "life time
supply" of
Ticonderoga pencils! Basically, I'm just glad a "good pencil" is
available. When
I have a captive listener, I can pontificate, with awe, on what a
powerful tool a pencil is....

Bill

A must have for pencil aficionados: The Pencil: A History of Design and
Circumstance by Henry Petroski