Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Illuminated switch to show that cloakroom light and fan is still on

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
,
NT wrote:
I just dont see any advantage in a 50Hz flickering circuit. It eats
twice as much power for the same light output, it flickers.

For a warning light might be a good thing - draws your attention to it?

I use an LM 317 for this which flashes at 4 times a second.

I don't see why he doesn't just use a battery powered flashing LED like I
suggested ages ago.
All he needs is a double pole switch, one pole switches the light the other
the LED.
The batteries will last for months/years as the LED on flashes when the
switch is on.
No fancy components required.
The 20A grid switches I posted a link to have more than enough insulation to
do this.