Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drilling tiles - idiot prevent question

In article ,
David in Normandy wrote:
I used
ordinary, brand new masonry bits without hammer action on some very hard
floor tiles and it took me around fifteen minutes per hole! After six
holes each bit was completely blunt. Someone suggested I should have
started with the smallest masonry bit available then work up sizes. I
live and learn.

Same here on porcelain wall tiles. Which could be used on the floor. Had
lots of holes to drill being a bathroom and tried masonry, tile and those
Bosch universal types, and destroyed them all. Screwfix sell diamond core
drills which do work, although slow. DeWalt last longer than the no brand
ones. Once you've made a hole they can be enlarged with a Bosch one.

--
*I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.