Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Best Pencil Brands/Sources

On 2009-09-07, Lew Hodgett wrote:

You have obviously never used the business end of a high quality
pencil.

Obvious to who? My first drafting pencil WAS a high quality wooden
pencil, sharpened once in one special sharpener to cut the wood back
and again in another sharpener to create the point.

The Dixon Ticonderoga No 2 is fine for Johnny to do his homework, but
that's about it.

This Johnny did one helluva lot of homework with one. Worked damn
good, as I recall. Still had a couple next to my AutoCad workstation
some 40 yrs later. Why? It's a great pencil. In fact, it's a work
of art. A '48 Cadillac is not the most cutting edge of autos, but
it's still a great car. Class has its place, any time.

Geez! ....you'd think a person who allegedly strives to create
quality pieces of woodwork would understand. Apparently not.

nb