Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Best Pencil Brands/Sources

-MIKE- wrote:
Steve Turner wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
Leon wrote:
Actually this is mine,

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...ner-58-0515-in

I just paid 20 bucks for a sharpener with two rotating barrel blades,
like this...
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/...um/insides.JPG

...instead of a single, thinking it would give me an even point, instead
of the wood being higher on one side. But alas, no, it's still uneven.

What's the best sharpener for perfectly even points?

Can't go wrong with an old Boston Champion, KS, or Ranger 55 (unless
the sharpening teeth are worn, which happened to me on a Ranger 55 I
picked up on eBay). I don't think they make 'em any more (not like
they used to anyway), but you should be able to get one in like-new
condition off eBay for around $10.

That KS looks identical to what I bought.

"Looks" identical or "is" identical? New or used? I have two vintage
KS sharpeners and one vintage Champion that I got off eBay, and they all
cut like butta and make perfect points.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/