Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Pictures of a dividing head

Ignoramus11113 wrote:

I may try to use a screw machine length carbide drill, so that I would
not need to worry about lubrication and drill at high speed so as to
waste less time. Do you think that item 27515A11 would be able to
drill steel without center drilling? (in a Bridgeport)

Looks good to me. Does your power quill feed work? I'd probably use the 0.003" per rev
setting.

If you check out the PTD catalog, you can make an informed choice on speeds and feeds.

http://pdf.directindustry.com/pdf/pr...63-619-_3.html

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller