Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Drilling tiles - idiot prevent question

Owain coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 6 Sep, 23:48, Tim S wrote:
Just checked the FAQ but would like to double check:
I need to drill an 8mm or so hole in a glazed ceramic floor tile (bog
screws).
Masonry drill on slow and some insulation tape to stop wander? Am I
correct... Might be near the tile edge...
Can't afford the f*ck up fairy visting here!

For glass AIUI you'd make a little 'well' around the hole with
plasticene and fill the well with oil to lubricate.

That's a good idea. I'll nick the kids' PlayDoh (again).

If it all goes horribly wrong you'll just have to persuade the Decor
Inspector that pedestal mats are in vogue again.

If that happens, the Decor Inspector will decide I look good wearing
testicle ear-rings!

Cheers!

Tim