Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Selling an Old New Chain Saw?

On Sep 6, 8:12*am, ransley wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:05*am, Caesar Romano wrote:

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 03:36:16 -0700, "W. eWatson"
wrote Re Selling an Old New *Chain Saw?:

I'm in an interesting position of trying to sell a 10 year old Husqvarna
chain saw that's never been used. As the seller, I would contend that a
25% reduction in the original price, which has barely changed from the
current replacement model with few internal changes, is fair. However, I
can understand that anyone thinking about buying it would question its
condition, which would pass all eyeball tests of newness. Further, I
took it to a local saw shop to see if it actually runs. A couple of
squirts of gas, and examination by the mechanic and it was off and
running. The guy said off handedly that's a little gem, and sounds like
a new one.

What's next? Do invite a prospective seller to open it up somehow and
look inside as proof? Comments? Is there a way to buy tool insurance, a
warranty? I just had a thought related to that which might work. I'm in
a small time but we do have a very, very good tool store here. Maybe I
need to visit them for advice.

BTW, we bought the saw originally to clear some land, but an injury kept
it from being used. In the interim another land clearing solution
intervened, and the saw was pretty much forgotten until recently.

Put it on eBay. Instead of a 25% reduction, you might get a 25%
premium over the original price.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.- Hide quoted text -

Unused 10 years in a basement, 25% premium! *I guess there is a sucker
born every minute. Echos new motors are better the Husky then or now,
just read Echos Gov hour rating, that is proven quality. My Echo Husky
Honda tool shop says the new Echos outlast Huskavarna. I sold a
similar Gas Echo trimmer, "basicly" new 10 yrs old I got 25% of new
value, a little cleaning and it looked new. This is a unknown person
mail deal, no warranty, no return, no money back, you dont know if it
wont be leaking in a week from dried gaskets and hoses or even run
right. Now if he lets you use it a few days thats different.

You're just looking for a give-away price...and you would grab it in a
second!