Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British Gas eco-toys

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:47:32 +0100, PeterC wrote:

I let the PC boot fully and settle down, so about 2 min. I do wonder why
it was 'right' the first time and then 'wrong'.

Something else came on at the same time... I find that the
orientation and position of the current transformer on my CC is quite
sensitive. Having it a bit skew can produce "odd" readings.

Yes, have to be wary of the 'keep warm' feature.

Ours has it as a seperate, lit, button to the main boil switch. We
only use the boil switch for tea or heating water for cooking pasta
rather than use the hob for the water heating. The keep warm switch
off temp is fine for a mug of coffee and operates a good 30s before
the boil cut off.

It was the coffee machine that really surprised me. What I can't
obviously see are the fridges and freezers their plates are all
100W, though I think the little spikes during the night are them

coming on.

As for my PC, that's 150W to 200W (it's an old 1GHz Athlon and the
exhaust air is decidedly warm...).

--
Cheers
Dave.