Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Daniels Steve Daniels is offline

Default Ground wasp nests

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 22:03:56 -0400, against all advice, something
compelled "John Gilmer" , to say:

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I have discovered a ground wasp(?) nest near my house.

Yellow Jackets are a common form of "ground wasp."

The "old school" solution was to pour a cup or two of gasoline in the hole
you found. The gasoline vapors displace the oxygen and the critters die,
die, die! Aftrward, the gas evaporates. It's likely illegal today.

We put a window screen over the hole so they couldn't get out,
and then poured a cup of chlorine bleach and a cup of household
ammonia through the screen and into the hole. This makes
chlorine gas, which will kill you as well as the critters, so one
needs be careful, but it's heavier than air so it sits down there
right nice. It won't kill the plants the way regular unleaded
will.

--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.