Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

Don Foreman wrote:
On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:21:36 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 12:05:56 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 07:27:18 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Armed revolution? Wow. Not saying you and Gunner are wrong but
yikes. No wonder I can't get primers.
That's probably only one of the reasons you can't find primers.
Another major drain is the war in the ME.
The war in the ME isn't a factor. There was no shortage before the
last election. Now people are hoarding and mfrs have cut back
production because they're worried about the current administration
imposing draconian restrictions on ammo and components. The shortage
is due to fear and uncertainty.

Well, that, too. I got the war shortage from a googled blog.

I got the same excuse from the store where I used to buy them. That
might explain shortage of small pistol primers and small rifle
primers, but not large pistol or large rifle. It isn't that they
shift production from one size to another because even now there's no
shortage of shotgun primers.

There is also no shortage of shotgun shells, the local Walmart has
lots of them, as do other retail sources.

The shortage is in anything you can put in a self defense rifle or
pistol. Most of the ammo that's exclusively for hunting is available.

The ammo makers aren't buying more hardware to catch up because they
see it as only a temporary shortage.

David