Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Inverting electrical panel 180 degrees?

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:57:50 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I opened my main breaker General Electric 100 amp panel I bought. The
direction say to rotate the enclosure 180 degrees if it will be bottom
fed. (WHich mine will).

WHy is this? If I do that the main breaker will be at the bottom which
seems odd.

Ignoring all the arguments about code violations etc, The Square-D panel
in my
(UK) workshop is mounted the normal way up (e.g. writing all the right way
up)
and the isolator is at the bottom! That panel is fed from the top :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

My panel in the house is mounted exactly opposite. Bottom fed, main breaker
at the top. It, too, is Square D (not the Homeline. It's a QO type). I
did the wiring. The main feed takes a bit of the room, but there's still
enough left for the circuits to be wired.

Harold