Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 02:06:08 -0400, "Ed Huntress"

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...ting?mode =PF
LOS ANGELES - There's a bull market for bullets.

Stacks of ammo, once piled high at gun shops across America, have dwindled.
Prices paid by consumers for much sought-after Winchester .380-caliber
handgun bullets (a common name for cartridges) have doubled. At weekend gun
shows, trailers loaded with boxes of ammunition are drained within hours.

That's just silly. Gunner has educated us that the .380ACP, conceived
and designed by John Moses Browning, is to be disdained as
contemptably wimpy.

I can attest that .380ACP WWB (Winchester white box) ammo has
disappeared from store shelves. It's even difficult to score .380ACP
used brass. Gunner posted an offer but never delivered, which wasn't
a surprise given his expressed disdain for that caliber. If he
scorns the caliber why would he have any brass in that caliber?
Posting is one thing, doing is another. California promises are the
province of liberals.

I found brass elsewhere, I'm loading and shooting. I have three little
..380's, poodle poppers per Gunner, and I enjoy them all. One is a
Walther PPK. James Bond's PPK was probably a .32, rather less potent
then the .380ACP version. Author Ian Fleming was far from an
infant in the matter of tradecraft.