Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.comp.blind-users

Default Netiquette (was patronising digital advert)

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
I'm not bothered by the odd bit of top posting what gets my goat is
people who quote loads on text in reply for just a word or two at the
bottom;!...

Indeed - hence a decent newsreader warning you if you attempt it.

I subscribe to a (US based) Yahoo group about one model of car, and the
'owner' has strict rules - like always including a sig saying your
version of the model and where you live. Saves the problem of 'I need a
humgrommet fitted - can anyone recommend a mechanic close to here?'
Plenty seem to find this a problem so he just tells them politely to f
off. Even although there are details on how to add a sig for most common
progs.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.