Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default Ground wasp nests

John Gilmer wrote:
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I have discovered a ground wasp(?) nest near my house.

Yellow Jackets are a common form of "ground wasp."

The "old school" solution was to pour a cup or two of gasoline in the hole
you found. The gasoline vapors displace the oxygen and the critters die,
die, die! Aftrward, the gas evaporates. It's likely illegal today.

Kerosene will not work because is doesn't generate the vapors and because it
contaminates the soil forever.

that's what our county extension agent tells people. But he adds, "of
course i'm not allowed to tell people that anymore"