Posted to sci.electronics.repair
harryhomer harryhomer is offline

Default Any options available for new VCR/DVD player

My mother-in-law bought a new VHS/DVD combo and wants to record on it
and play it back later. She has cable, but the combo has no antenna
in or out; so I bought an RF modulator thinking that was the fix; it
wasn't. I have to be able to get video out from a source (which the
RF mod doesn't have; it is video in) to put into the combo input. The
only thing I can think of is to use her old vcr/dvd combo (vcr is
broken) to inbetween everything but I am afraid it will degrade the
signal. Any suggestions on a sensible hookup with the way they
manufacture stuff today without RF mods?