Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
rg...
In , on Sat, 5 Sep 2009 03:10:39 -0400,
Ed Huntress, wrote:

drunken drivel deletia

I'm very glad we have those rights. But where in the Declaration of
Independence does it say we have a right to shoot our politicians? My
copy
doesn't say anything like that. What my copy says, to boil it down, is
that
the King has "waged war on the people of the American Colonies, and
therefore he and his government can go **** up a rope. Get lost."

Jefferson was far more eloquent but a bit wordy. d8-)

In the literal sense you're right. Jefferson never
says anything about "shooting politicians." He says,
"as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War,"

Yup, he said that states have the power to levy war against other states.
Nowhere did he say we have the right for some gang of loony yahoos to
threaten or shoot the government officials that the rest of us elect.

See "Whiskey Rebellion" for a contemporaneous example.

--
Ed Huntress