Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Pictures of a dividing head

On 2009-09-06, Pete Keillor wrote:
On 6 Sep 2009 02:03:57 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2009-09-05, Pete Keillor wrote:

[ ... ]

I have a worse situation in that I got a tailstock off ebay for my
Hardinge dividing head, then discovered that the Hardinge dividing
head and Hardinge collet indexers use tailstocks with different center
heights. Naturally I got the wrong one. Oh, well, someday I'll find
the correct one. Not an issue until I relocated and set the shop back
up.

Ouch! If you are lucky, the tailstock you got is lower than you
need, and you can make a riser block to go between it and the table.

Good luck,
DoN.

Nope, about 1/2" too high. It'll be relatively easy to sell it. It's
finding the right one that's hard.

Or -- as someone else suggested -- make a riser block for the
dividing head itself.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564