Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Pictures of a dividing head

On 2009-09-06, Ignoramus11962 wrote:
On 2009-09-06, DoN. Nichols wrote:
On 2009-09-05, Ignoramus7829 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/misc...Dividing-Head/

Seems to be in good shape. Weighs about 120 lbs. I may use it very
soon if my worst fears are right and I need to make a certain gear.

Looks like a nice one. 40:1 ratio, based on the chart (in
particular, to cut 40 teeth, you use any hole circle, and turn one full
turn for each indexing.

Do you have all three hole plates? You will need them to
produce any division on the charts.

I have only one plate (but want to make the missing ones). I am pretty
sure that on my plate there is a number divisible by 3.

O.K. Do you need the order in which the holes are present on a
typical set of plates? My head is also a 40:1 head, so it will give a
good starting point.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564