Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Pictures of a dividing head

On 2009-09-05, Karl Townsend wrote:
That chuck key in the chuck made me cringe. Back in my votech days a fella
left the key in the lathe chuck like that, then turned the lathe on. There
was a hole in the cement block wall. I guess it don't matter on a dividing
head, but NEVER leave a chuck key in a lathe chuck.

I had the same initial reaction -- but then reasoned that in a
dividing head, there was no way you could spin it fast enough to throw
the key.

I must admit -- this is the first time I have seen one with a
4-jaw independent chuck. Mine came with a 3-jaw chuck, and a T-bar
center designed to properly drive a dog to turn the gear blank or
whatever.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564