Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hole in Driveway

On 9/5/2009 12:15 PM spake thus:

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:24:11 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I have a concrete driveway. Where it meets the poured concrete house
foundation, there is a hole about two inches wide that goes down to
the dirt. It’s under the siding such that I can’t clean it and smooth
it for good patch adhesion.

What should I put in it? Should I do it in layers such that each
layer dries before applying the next layer?

Why do you want to fill it in? Is it just for looks or is
there a structural issue?

Without knowing more, I'd say the reason for wanting to fill it is
obvious: to prevent water from getting into/under the house.

For this purpose, cleaning the hole as best as possible, then throwing
some cement into it, should do the trick. It doesn't need to be pristine
for the cement to form a good seal, I wouldn't think. Either flush it
out with water first, or stick a vacuum hose in there and suck out what
debris you can.