Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steam cleaner update

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:11:13 +0100, Pete Zahut wrote:

Just 20 minutes ago, each shelf of the freezer had at least 1" of ice on
it - and now, it's darn-near all gone! )

Hum, I'd be a bit worried about heating the thing up to fast and
causing expansion of the refridgerant (liquid to gas or just gas)
faster than the system is designed for. I'm sure I've seen warnings
about that ITFM.

I stand a fan heater on a stool in front of the open door and wait.
Just emptying the bowl under drain as required. Takes about an hour
and no faffing about with a hot hose.

--
Cheers
Dave.