Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia jeff_wisnia is offline

Default Consumer Reports - The Snitch Chronicles

The Daring Dufas wrote:
jeff_wisnia wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Whenever I travel or for my own use, I remove the flow restrictor
from the shower head. I carry my own shower head with me. I may
wind up on the FBI's most wanted list. *snicker*

TDD

As long as you've "come clean" about that I'm going to admit that back
in my road warrior days I did eggsackly the same thing, carrying a
fairly small shower head I'd drilled the restriction out of, along
with a small pair of slip joint pliers to install it with.

I gave that up after 911, when having those things in my carrion
luggage frequently caused me delays going through security.

Way back when, maybe in the seventies, I'd also carry a 75 watt light
bulb cushioned inside a pair of foam rubber blocks. That was needed
because lots of hotels had put 40 watt bulbs in their bedside lamps to
cut their electric bill, which didn't give near enough light to read
by. Now, most of the hotels I visit have switched to CF bulbs so that
problem has gone away.

Thanks for the mammaries,

Jeff

The last long trip I made was 20 years ago when I drove from
San Diego to Birmingham in a non air conditioned car. Golly,
I miss those days.

TDD

Talk about missing things? What I miss were the amenities on airline
flight back when I started traveling that way in the late 50s.

Even in the lowest class seats you got free alcoholic drinks, free
smokes, and delicious meals including shrimp cocktails, steaks and such.
And, a lot more leg room too.

Course, everything has its price, and the price of airline tickets
relative to the cost of living was a LOT higher back then. But, what the
heck, it was my employers who were buying my tickets back then. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)