Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb Dr. Deb is offline

Default Chuck recommendations

John Doe wrote:

I just upgraded from a midi to a new Powermatic lathe and would like to
hear
anyones recommendations for a chuck. I have heard a lot of good things
about
the Oneway Stronghold and SuperNova 2 chucks. Is there any benefit of one
over the other? What about a Vicmarc?

Also, has anyone used the Barracuda chucks from Penn State? Getting a few
extra sets of jaws is nice, but only if the chuck is worth it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Depending on your skill level and what you expect, the Barracuda 4 package
from PennState is a good deal. I have an Axeminister and a Talon, but the
PennState is my chuck of preference, both because of its holding power and
versitility.

Deb