Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Sep 5, 1:47*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:

On Sep 1, 11:52 am, "SteveB" wrote:

John, it's legally termed "brandishing", and yes, it is illegal. *This man
did not brandish his weapon, or the PD would have arrested him.

Steve - SOMETHING is called "brandishing," and I agree, that's not the
strict legal definition of what this guy did. Even though what he did
was legal (which I don't think it ought to be, but that's a discussion
for another day). it still doesn't make it OK. Legally, I can run a
jackhammer outside my house all day every day from 8AM to 8PM. I'm
just guessing, but I think my neighbors would get pretty ****ed off
after the first ten minutes or so of me exercising my "right to
jackhammer."

* *Do you have a demolition permit for that jackhammer?

Don't need one if all I'm doing is running the jackhammer and not
demolishing anything. Just exercising my right to make noise with a
jackhammer. Just like the AR-15 guy exercising his right to bear arms.
Note that the constitution doesn't actually convey a right to actually
*shoot* anything.