Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Pictures of a dividing head

Pete Keillor wrote:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 18:25:30 +0700, wrote:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:02:10 -0500, Ignoramus7829
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/misc...Dividing-Head/

Why does the tail stock appear to be of a different height then the 4
jaw chuck?

Maybe it's adjustable.

I have a worse situation in that I got a tailstock off ebay for my
Hardinge dividing head, then discovered that the Hardinge dividing
head and Hardinge collet indexers use tailstocks with different center
heights. Naturally I got the wrong one. Oh, well, someday I'll find
the correct one. Not an issue until I relocated and set the shop back
up.

Pete Keillor

Just make a suitable spacer block to raise whichever is lower up to
match.