Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

Ed Huntress wrote:

I'm very glad we have those rights. But where in the Declaration of
Independence does it say we have a right to shoot our politicians?

That right was recognized later, in the Bill of Rights.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be
infringed."

My copy doesn't say anything like that. What my copy says, to boil
it down, is that the King has "waged war on the people of the
American Colonies, and therefore he and his government can go ****
up a rope. Get lost."

Which led to a lot of Redcoats getting shot. They didn't go away with
words.

Jefferson was far more eloquent but a bit wordy. d8-)

He wasn't trying for sound bites. :^)

I don't think we're there yet, but with the soap box being managed by
those setting up "listening sessions" where we are supposed to listen
to them, but not vice versa, and the ballot box long since
legislatively degraded to a oratory/beauty contest, the last option
will soon be all that's left.

David