BigWallop

Default Home Automation, control your household lights and appliances over the internet

"jerrybuilt" ] wrote in message
.. .
Jim Brett wrote:
Firstly let me apologise to the group (excluding DAVE) for the
possible offense cause. This was in fact a one of message
addressed directly at the group with the sincere hope that it
would be of genuine interest.

No offence taken by me - advertising is not prohibited in the
charter of uk.d-i-y, in fact there isn't one for this group.
Commercial adverts are, though, deprecated in the FAQ,
however this is just that - a FAQ, concocted by unelected
and unaccountable people (this, it might be said, is because
most people don't want to be bothered maintaining a FAQ!).
There is a way to "acceptably" commercially advertise on
uk.d-i-y, which acceptance I personally find rather two-faced.

Please be assured that no more "spam" mails will be sent from
either myself or the company as we repect the groups wishes
(again exclusing DAVE)

Fine, fine - perhaps you could advise on some d-i-y matters
yourself, and commercially advertise yourself at the same time,
as some others do?

DAVE: Obviously you are very aggreived with my simple email.
To the extent [...] of sending me private obusive emails
(attempting to spoof them from my own account). Quite frankly
im amazed at how much trouble you have gone to, to try and
offend me, insult me, and publicise my personal details.

If this dong *has* sent anything such as you suggest, you
are quite within your rights to complain to *his* ISP or
employer, and I would, if I were you. However, oil on
troubled waters is probably better than feeding the furnace.
Hopefully you will receive an apology.
--

be !
Shop all amazing products and get our special offers!

Excuse me, but the signature at the bottom of many posters replies, is there
whether they post to the group or to anywhere else for that matter. It is
not a blatant use of free advertising, it is just stuck at the bottom of all
the postings we send out to the world.