Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default DIY disasters kill nearly 600 a year

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:28:12 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

DIY handymen are costing hundreds of millions of dollars in medical
bills by putting up wobbly scaffolds, touching live wires and shooting
themselves in the hands and feet with nail guns.

The traditional weekend activity is turning the home into the most
dangerous place to be, new Accident Compensation Corporation figures
show.

more.....
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10595342

Damn, I'm glad I don't live down there where it's dangerous. I know I
can safely finish my kitchen remodel and I won't get hurt anymore...
once the bleeding stops... and the bones knit. At least that's what
the firemen sad as the were leaving.

Gordon Shumway