Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 21:06:28 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

By someone, sure! There are several different interpretations of what
the statement was right here in this thread. What do *you* think the
statement was? You hint at it and dance around it but don't really
make a simple declarative statement.

I said what I think. Our elected officials are doing things which are
angering the public and I don't think the public will tolerate it for
much longer. I think there may be a revolution brewing.

Armed revolution? Wow. Not saying you and Gunner are wrong but
yikes. No wonder I can't get primers.

Was it that if the politicians
don't do what angry citizens want them to do then the citizens will
shoot them?

You sure phrased that neutrally, Don. g

Intentionally so, Larry. Innuendo is for adolescent girls, not men
with guns.

If not that, than pls explain the reference to the
cartridge box.

I did. I repeated the phrase used by another RCMer, attributing it to
him earlier.

That doesn't explain your intent in repeating it. Did you merely
parrot it because you thought it was clever? If not, what meaning do
you intend to convey by repeating it? It appears to me that cartridge
box infers that somebody gets threatened or shot but I'm open to
clarification. Whom would you threaten or shoot and how would you
decide when to shoot them if they ignore your threat?

I remembered "From the soapbox, to the ballot box, to the cartridge
box" but just found this. The open letter is _great_! Gotta read
deeper. http://fiveboxes.com . The site says "There are five boxes
to use in the defense of Liberty: The Soap Box, the Mail Box, the
Ballot Box, the Jury Box, and the Ammunition Box. Please use them in
that order."

How exactly does one use ammunition in the defense of liberty, aside
from combat with armed attackers/invaders? Who gets shot and what
about their liberty?

Is everything the current administration wants to do OK by you, Don?

No, and that response dodges my questons. Almost nothing the current
administration wants to do is OK by me, Larry. The arrogant
narcissistic weasel-wording SOB in office scares the hell out of me.
So are you gonna shoot him anytime soon?

When armed citizens start to hint, either by action or statement, that
they would turn their arms against elected government, then more
peaceful citizens may well decided that the "well-regulated militia"
is not regulated nearly well enough.

They don't want that, do they?

I sure hope not.

Let's not mince words or employ innuendo about shooting people, OK? It
isn't an imaginary or abstract concept when real guns are involved.

If there be armed revolution or revolt brewing, note that the rebels
would endeavor to overthrow a government that a majority of Americans
voted into office in a free election. Why would you assume that
leaders of such a coup, assuming it would succeed which I think is
extremely unlikely, would be benign or benevolent toward your
interests? Because it's change?

What about you, Larry, will you be a soldier for the revolution? Are
you up for armed combat and do you have the skills to have any hope of
surviving it or care if you survive it? When you shoot at people they
will shoot back, eventually with considerably more firepower than you
and friends have available to bring to the fracas.

Obama and the gungrabbers would love a bunch of that!

If O and crew successfully put down some kind of coup, yeah, they
probably would.

"O and the crew" has considerable military might and resources at
their disposal.