Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:06:32 -0600, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following:

In , on Fri, 4 Sep 2009 16:34:25 -0400,
Ed Huntress, wrote:

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
rg...
In , on Fri, 04 Sep 2009
06:50:02 -0700, Larry Jaques, novalidaddress@di wrote:

snip

Anyway, the only threat was a veiled "We're out here, Mr. & Mrs.
Politician, and we're getting awfully antsy with your actions of late.
Please stay in line and heed our wishes, Mr. Public Servant, or we'll
have to steer you with a firmer hand."

That probably is the way most people would interpret
it. Apparently in Ed's world, such a message falls
outside the 1st Amendment.

Actually, making a threat to shoot people, which is exactly what Larry and
you are proposing, is against the law everywhere. That isn't First Amendment
problems you're facing, it's jail time.

A rifle slung on your back, muzzle down, is not
threatening to shoot anybody... no matter how many
times you say it is. I might add, Period!

If it were, the guy would have been arrested.

It is illegal to threaten the President. The man was not arrested so
the police and Secret Service apparently both agreed that
_there_was_no_threat_.

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
--author James Hogan