Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:08:55 -0600, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following:

In , on Fri, 04 Sep 2009
06:50:02 -0700, Larry Jaques, novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:40:08 -0600, the infamous Steve Ackman
scrawled the following to
the non-mayorial Huntress:

Went to Canyon de Chelly today. Didn't see a single
person out of the dozen or so tourists carrying. ;-)

That's one nice walk, isn't it?

Dunno. My wife decided it was too hot for a two hour
walk, so we drove up the North Rim and did the overlooks.

Do it in the morning or later this fall, in cooler weather. It's a
wonderful experience.

Did you hike up to the ceremonial area and go inside the kiva?
Powerful!

We'll get back there for that once it gets a little
cooler.

Bueno.

Lew and his lovely wife were
kind enough to put me up for the night when I was out exploring new
places to live, but Albu was way to BIG/cold/hot/windy/dusty for me.
I had no idea it had a million people in it.

Last time I was there (besides just driving through)
was 10 years ago. I can't imagine living there, and
can barely think of a reason I'd stop beyond a refuel.

That's what I found. Lew was the high point of the trip through NM.

There were likely no carriers out there, but ya woon't have seen 'em
if they carried concealed anyway. (or was that the reason for your
smiley?

Italians, Germans, French... Can't imagine most of
them even own any firearms, never mind bringing them
over on a plane.

True.

So, other people of like mind were NOT intimidated
by your open carry. Therefore carrying a loaded
weapon in and of itself is not intimidating.

Careful, you'll start to make sense to poor Ed.

I doubt it.

His latest missive to me makes that clear.

Anyway, the only threat was a veiled "We're out here, Mr. & Mrs.
Politician, and we're getting awfully antsy with your actions of late.
Please stay in line and heed our wishes, Mr. Public Servant, or we'll
have to steer you with a firmer hand."

That probably is the way most people would interpret
it. Apparently in Ed's world, such a message falls
outside the 1st Amendment.

Brady Ed is high (low?) on koolaid.

Maybe he looked
at his camo AR, his pink AR and his purple AR and
decided against all of them in favor of his black
one, based on what he was going to wear.

Nah, he couldn't have thought that, as the pink one was an AK.

Sorry, my mistake. I guess if he were going to
a Rainbow Coalition gathering, a pink AK might have
been more appropriate.

Yeah, or a sleepover. Kalishnikitty Forever!

Ed must have been on the Brady site earlier. I'm sure he normally
would have said "armed civilian", not "OH MY GOD, A MAN WITH A GUN!"

Correction: "OH MY GOD, AN UNKNOWN MAN WITH A LOADED GUN!"

"Unknown" makes the man completely unpredictable,
and "loaded" makes the gun completely terrifying.

Yeah, they'd say that, wouldn't they?

How about at a high school football game? You have a great view from the
stands. You could adjust the elevation on your 'scope while you watch the
hated opponents score a touchdown. That only makes sense, doesn't it? And it
would make quite a statement to the opposing quarterback.

That would be brandishing, not to mention assault.
You're just getting more and more ridiculous.

Yeah, that nails it. He's gone over the the Dark and Brady side of
the Force. tsk, tsk, tsk

Ed has indicated that "gun-toters" are all criminals
at heart, because the only valid reasons for carrying
are hunting and self-defense, and if you're not doing
either of those, you're just oozing criminal intent.

Surprising, isn't it? Of course, he claims to be a Republican, too.
And he calls -others- sophists and casuists?

So you're saying that since Liberals have been known
to bite strangers' fingers off, you think "we" should
prevent all liberals from attending health rallies. Or
just liberals with teeth? Or just disarm them before
they're allowed to attend? I don't quite see where you
draw the line.

Jody Miller is in fine form here. Since I don't watch TV, I had to
googlit when you mentioned the finger. This was one of the hits.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mithridate-ombud/2009/09/03/obamacare-supporter-bites-finger-elderly-man

Even after reading that twice, I would never have
known what happened if I hadn't seen it elsewhere.

Maybe I should find the video...

Has anyone else here used a tool designed for one thing to accomplish
another task it wasn't designed for, or is that just a wild thought?
Nobody has a bent or broken knife or screwdriver, at least? Besides,
Kostric wasn't -using- his tool. He was displaying it in hands-off
fashion as a visual cue.

I wonder what the Leatherman on my belt says to Ed.
Nah. On second thought, I really don't.

Oh, and Gunner uses his for drilling holes in leather belts, but he's
kind of strange in more ways that one, as we know. g

(Why this protracted hard-on for Gunner lately, Ed?)

His writing in general seems much more ad hominem
lately.

Has TMT cloned his address?

Whatever "statement" they're making hinges on the fact that these "tools"
are for killing people. Period.

(Well, paper targets, bottles, and cans can all have a collective sigh
of relief from now on, Ed. Thank you for that.)

Peegs too. Oh, wait a minute. He drives, doesn't he.
http://wizard.dyndns.org/spruce/0503...vyaseena.s.jpg

It's a great life...once you weaken.
--author James Hogan