Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
rg...
In , on Fri, 04 Sep 2009
06:50:02 -0700, Larry Jaques, novalidaddress@di wrote:

snip

Anyway, the only threat was a veiled "We're out here, Mr. & Mrs.
Politician, and we're getting awfully antsy with your actions of
late. Please stay in line and heed our wishes, Mr. Public Servant,
or we'll have to steer you with a firmer hand."

That probably is the way most people would interpret
it. Apparently in Ed's world, such a message falls
outside the 1st Amendment.

Actually, making a threat to shoot people, which is exactly what
Larry and you are proposing, is against the law everywhere. That
isn't First Amendment problems you're facing, it's jail time.

There is another possibility Ed and the consequences lie in America's own
history.
The last time these white trash cracker asses took up arms against their
government they ended up utterly decimated, eating whatever roots and
berries Bill Sherman had overlooked. Some areas still haven't recovered and
that was in the face of a doubling of the Union's economy during the war.

The 90 percent of gun owners and 99 percent of the population, gun owners
included, that find the behavior under discussion here foolish and
irresponsible are more than able to visit the modern day version on them
again. The difference today is that these goobers represent such a small
minority that they won't tax the prison Bush built for them at Gitmo if they
make it that far and nobody will care much if they don't. They certainly are
no match for modern law enforcement, or since the passage of the Military
Commissions Act of 2006, America's armed forces. Posse Comitatus died with
that act and with it, any hope that an armed uprising would be met with
insufficient force.

The black guy toting his portable penis openly wasn't the person that
introduced me to this issue. The first news reports were some time earlier
and the guy involved was packing a sign along with his side arm. You
couldn't mistake HIS message if you wanted to.
He'd like to water the tree of liberty with someones blood.

--
John R. Carroll