Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Light Weight Oil

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Doug White wrote:

I have such an oiler, and put "RemOil" gun oil in it. The oil is so
thin it leaked out of the oiler in short order. The one I have is
aluminum, with a push button that runs a little plug at the end of
the oil tube. I have another one, but I haven't tried it. I don't
know if the first one was defective, or the design/manufacturing is
poor.

I like Microil a lot.

http://www.kanolabs.com/

Bought a quart a few months ago, which should
last me several lifetimes and got a free can
of Aerokroil, a most excellent penetrating oil.

Good company and good products.

I agree. I use Kroil all the time, but not as a lubricant. There is no
way it would stay inside one of these pen oilers.

Doug White