Nova

Default Hand plane - can you REALLY joint a perfectly straight edge?

Steve Wilson wrote:

snipped

I have two #7's (a new Clifton and an Type 11
Stanley/Bailey) in my arsenal and I have the Type 11 tuned to take a
very thin shaving (IIRC .0015") and I leave a 386 jointer fence
attached to it always. So, when I clean up a jointed edge before a
glue up, or to fix a bonehead error, I just reach for my Bailey #7
w/386 fence and pass it down the edge. That way I'm consistent and the
edge always comes out great.

There you go Dave, a Stanley #7 (in a "Sweetheart" box no less)

http://www.patented-antiques.com/Bac...nter_boxed.htm

and a #386 jointer fence

http://www.patented-antiques.com/Bac...s/386fence.htm

You better hurry, they will probably be sold by tomorrow.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA