Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete Patio

On Sep 4, 10:53*am, Virtual Voyager wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 16' x 22' concrete patio that butts up against the
utilityroom exterior wall foundation. *It was poured when the house
was built almost 40 yrs ago.

It has severe cracks that appear to be almost, if not, all the way
through . *Some not so deep. *The cracks have created individual
sections, which has caused an uneven surface.

What can I use to seal the cracks? *Finished appearance is not an
issue since I intend to build a "floating" deck over it.

I want to seal them so as to eliminate any further "settling" due to
the water undermining the slab(s).

Any and all experience and expertise is appreciated. *

Vv

Will the area be roofed over when the new floor is built, and/or will
water still be able to get under the slab(?) from around the
perimeter, and then be subject to freezing and thawing?