Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Installing plastic drain channel

On Sep 3, 11:58*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/3/2009 7:16 PM DerbyDad03 spake thus:

On Sep 3, 9:17 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Anyone here familiar with or worked with this stuff? Specifically, NDS's
"Spee-D" drain channel? (http://www.ndspro.com/specbinder)

Interesting...

The spec sheets says:

Note: Some installations may require a concrete collar to meet load
rating. Loads are based on encasing product in concrete. Product must
be installed using NDS instructions.

Note the words "*may* require a concrete collar".

The installation instructions say:

5. In asphalt or hot mastic applications, the channels must be encased
in concrete for strength and to prevent distortion of the channel.

Which implies, at least to me, that the channels don't *always* need
to be encased in concrete.

Yes, it ain't exactly clear.

Is the "guy" expecting the drain to be under load or is he installing
it in a place where nobody ever walks, bikes, or drives?

It's in a driveway (2 places, both get driven over, one regularly).

--
Found--the gene that causes belief in genetic determinism- Hide quoted text -

Then it seems like there is no question. From what I read at the site,
concrete is a must for that application, unless he doesn't care about
longevity or warranties.