Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Light Weight Oil

Joe wrote in
:

I just picked up a pocket-sized "hypodermic" style oiler, and want to
use it to hold a light oil. Since I can't find any good watch oil
around here (I know it's available online), I'm wondering what is a
good, non-gumming substitute. ISTR from several years back a comment
on this ng that ATF was a good substitute for watch oil - any comments
about that? Otherwise, I might just use Marvel Mystery Oil.

I have such an oiler, and put "RemOil" gun oil in it. The oil is so thin
it leaked out of the oiler in short order. The one I have is aluminum,
with a push button that runs a little plug at the end of the oil tube. I
have another one, but I haven't tried it. I don't know if the first one
was defective, or the design/manufacturing is poor.

Doug White