Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Cheap Hole saws needed.

On Sep 4, 12:49*pm, Donwill wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy two hole saws 20mm and 25mm complete with
arbour. I only need to make 3 holes in an ABS enclosure, I can't find
anything less than £19 for a set.

A HSS stepped drill is about £8-10 on Ebay.

It will virtually guarantee a round hole which is more central than a
holesaw can achieve and you can do all the sizes inbetween (typically
6-30mm).

The only problem is most use a 2mm step so can do 24mm or 26mm so a
little filing to do (not much for ABS). The only other problem is
thickness - the step drill can only do so much depth (about 4-5mm) so
if the enclosure is 6mm wall then you will need to do a little filing.

Holesaws are a crude tool with enclosures as the pilot hole rarely
ends up where you want it and the hole is usually oversize whereas
holes cut above are "sharp-to-dimension". Step drills are a much
better solution.