Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Unleaded or Leaded? (was petrol in diesel tank)

wrote:

Advice please

While we're on the subject of fuel... is there an easy way of
distinguishing leaded from unleaded petrol? Just that I've got a
gallon can in the garage and can't remember which it is... I no longer
have any engines which run on leaded, which I know would be fine if fed
witha bit of unleaded (but not vice versa as I understand.)

Actually the petrol must be fairly old anyway... so even if it's
unleaded, would it be stupid to stick it my car, even gradually, diluted
over several full tanks? (It's a convenient way to get rid of it apart
from anything - don't want to pour it down the drain)

David