Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default New Garage Foundation

On Sep 3, 4:20*pm, Tony wrote:
fftt wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:40 am, Tony wrote:
DanG wrote:
It is not unusual to pour the close footing first, lay down plenty
of ply or planking and drive the truck over the filled up footing.
I did mine opposite. *I threw a bunch of firewood logs in the ditch for
the truck to drive over then pulled them out and quick finished the
rebar after the truck was out and ready to pour the footer at the doors.
* Although I didn't see the OP so I don't know how deep your footer is.

I think the OP is from Oregon... So I'm assuming frost depth isnt that
much.

I'd be surprised if the footer is any deeper than 18 or 24".

wrt to another post... "how's he going to pour the slab if he cannot
reach?"

A couple extra chute segments will get him more than close enough to
place the slab mud, but not close enough to get it into the back
footing forms.

Come to think of it, don't people use wheelbarrows anymore? *I helped
with a couple pours that way. *It ain't fun but it doesn't take that
long with 2 or 3 guys each with a wheel barrow.

Doh! Excellent point!

I totally forgot a very tiring experience I had nearly 40 years
ago......

A buddy & I were hired to unload a concrete truck......the whole 9
yards (I think) , two guys, two wheelbarrows

We wheeled the mud ~100ft for a garage .....only about 45 trips each,
done in just over an hour

We ran our asses off ....

As Tony suggested, wheelbarrows are doable & probably cheaper way
cheaper than the put.

cheers
Bob