Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Bring a gun and have some fun in LV

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 18:32:15 -0600, Steve Ackman

I think this Minnesotan has clearly and consistently shown ample
respect and invitation for others' opinions while respectfully
expressing mine. I will admit to vigorously responding to ad hominem
attacks from time to time in the past. Incoming does invite or
require return fire, wouldn't you say?

Generally ad hominem is admit of defeat. If you
have a valid point, it makes more sense to use that
than engage with slings and arrows that have none.

I know. I try not to get sucked into ad hominem ****ing contests but
I don't always succeed. Larry correctly chides me for feeding the
trolls.

"Assault" rifle is just an emotional hot button
word. I'm surprised you stooped to using it.

Mea culpa. I've partially addressed this in another post.

Try to see this from the viewpoint of gentle civilians and voters who
may be less familiar with weaponry than you are. The AR-15 does not
look like something one might use for hunting squirrels or deer or
varmints. It might conceivably be used thusly but there are other
better choices. It doesn't look like a target rifle either. It
looks like a weapon intended for combat because that's what it is.

I don't presently own or lust for an AR-15 but I would like to
preserve my right to have one if I should ever want one. I do own and
enjoy a few rifles but no semi-autos other than a Browning SA-22. That
little rifle was designed by John Moses Browning. It's the rifle he
holds in the photo on the Wikipedia page for JMB.