IMM

Default gas boiler thermocouple

"sro" wrote in message
Old boiler designs are very inefficient. See the thread on the

Potterton
combi too. If you buy a quality product and have it installed correctly
then you will expect 20 years from it.

Yes I know that efficencies have increased although I do take issue with

the
way the plumbing/heating
trade love to quote "efficiencies" of more than 100% without explaining

the
particular scam they are
using to break the laws of thermodynamics.

I will probably install it myself when the time comes and will follow best
practices along with trade
advice ( luckily I do have access to this ).
As to 20 years - yeah right, just like quality cars dont go wrong if
properly maintained - check out
my pitch for "most boring bmw rants" in the uk.rec.cars.maintenance :-)

The less components the less to go wrong. The Ferroli Modena 102 doesn't
have a 3-way valve and if the pump fails the DHW still works. A decent
boiler.

As for BMWs they breakdown organisations don't rate them either.

---