Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] jbslocum@gmail.com is offline

Default Let the brainwashing begin .............

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 14:19:28 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

cavelamb wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

Unless, of course, they see it as protecting their children from
political propaganda...

You're being much too reasonable here, Iggy. Get with the program. The idea
is to teach your kids that the president is evil, and that they're not
allowed to listen to him because your little mind can't take it.

That's how you raise good little narrow-minded conservatives. It's the
American way.

We were both mumbling over a tongue in cheek.

But what you wrote here, probably also TiC, is way too true to be funny.

This is exactly how biases are passed from one generation to the next.
Racism, hatred, political posture, heck, even TV shows and beer preferences.

Children learn by watching (and listening to) parents.

And the cleaver little brutes can tell the difference between what parents say
and what they do.

Richard

The funny thing is, I watched and listened to my parents, exercised my
critical thinking skills, and made my own decisions. I adopted very
little from my parents actually.

Out of curiosity, what religion are you and what religion are/were
your parents?