Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Let the brainwashing begin .............

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

How is a speech denying your ability? Does that apply to all speech
you
don't agree with? Are you suggesting that others' rights to free
speech
don't apply if you don't like the speech?

Free speech rights do not extend to captive audiences.

Really? Then all teachers should just shut up and send the kids home?

Where do you get these wacky ideas, Pete?

Why do you think teachers are being arrested for proselytizing their
ignorant superstitions in public schools?

I wasn't aware that they are. How many are there, out of the 6.2 million
teachers in the United States?

Recently in the national news, Florida case I believe. The perpetrators
in the case were already under court order to refrain from the offending
activity and couldn't stop themselves, so they were arrested.

So, how many "perpetrators" are we talking about?

It sounds like an insignificant issue, a trivial case based on the
separation of church and state. Regardless, it's because of that separation,
and the Court's decisions regarding the separation, that the activity is
illegal. As far as I know, there's no Constitutional issue in telling kids
they should stay in school and work hard.

I believe two persons were arrested in the case in question.