Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Let the brainwashing begin .............

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:40:15 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

wrote in message
On Sep 3, 4:21 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ed Huntress
I just do not think it is one of the powers delegated to the Federal
Government. I think that is one of my powers.

Great. Now, why aren't you doing it?

Ed Huntress
Great, it is much worse than I thought. Ed has found a way to know
exactly what I do. Is that from a government database or some
commercial one?

?? Are you going to deliver a speech to the nation's school kids about
working hard and being responsible? That's what you're responding to.
You
said it was "one of your powers."

Ed Huntress

I was responding to the Federal government teaching about working hard
and being responsible.

This isn't a matter of Federal powers. This is the President excercizing
his
right to free speech. We all have that power, president or
candlestick-maker. Do you deny him that right?

What? Forcing all school kids to listen to him is "free speech"? In
what country, Ed?

Nobody is "forcing" anyone to listen, Larry. Parents can keep their kids at
home. Teachers and administrators can decide not to show it. School boards
can make the same decision. I'm just saying they're foolish and
narrow-minded if they do, and they probably aren't doing their kids any good
by doing so.

Dan said it wasn't in the government's "power" for Obama to make the speech.
The free-speech issue hinges on that: he damned well DOES have the power.

Say, how easy would it be for you or me to speak to all school kids,
hmm? We have free speech in the USA, too, don't we?

Go for it. I've spoken before classes many times, in high school, once in
elementary school, and for some lectures I gave at William Patterson
Univerity. If you think people would be interested in what you have to say,
nothing is stopping you from asking. The thing is, a great many more people
*are* interested in what the president of the United States has to say. Too
bad. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress