Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Gyproc Lite Coving - some praise

Tim S wrote:
S Viemeister coughed up some electrons that declared:

By 'reinforcing tape', I take it you mean it's paper covered?
I've used a different make of paper-covered polystyrene, and am very
pleased with it. Nice to see it available in different profiles.

No - it appears to be plastic faced[1]. The "tape" or layer is embedded in
the back and cuts (or doesn't cut) like glass mesh - that's how I noticed
it when the saw exposed some.

[1] It washes off very nicely after gluing too - as there's no paper to get
soggy.

Hmm. The only non-paper-covered stuff I've seen, _looked_ like
polystyrene. If you say that this product, when painted, doesn't scream
'fake', I should take a look at it for the next batch of decorating.