Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default RCD tripping - why????

wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:38:06 -0700 (PDT), Recyclist wrote:

Today, the RCD won't trip. However when my neighbour switches on her
shower, the connection at the overhead wire crackles and there are
some sparks. It also crackles a bit in the wind.

Oh boy, nothing like with holding information... The supply wiring

Or even without holding information!

It's "withholding" for heavens sake, all one word. As two separate
words "with holding" it can (and does) change the meaning completely.

Pedant. I understood what was intended and appreciated the typo. Have you
not made similar unintended gaffs?